Sponsored by the Black Swamp Beekeepers Association (BSBA)
Black Swamp Beekeepers Association supports new young beekeepers through our Scholarship Program. Long term success of our future beekeepers is built on a solid foundation of scientific knowledge, mentoring with experienced beekeepers, hands-on experience on proper equipment and gear. The Scholarship Program encourages participation of the guardian, student, local association, and mentor. The number of scholarships available per year will vary based on the number of available funds and donations.
- Ohio youth must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the current year of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in public, private, or homeschool.
- Must be a current member of Ohio 4-H.
- The applicant must complete and return all paperwork, including permission and agreement form signed by a parent or guardian. The application with supporting documents, as well as the waiver/binder form, must be received by the Program Coordinator between August 1st, 2019 through December 7th, 2019.
- Please send completed applications to the address below.
Attn: Chris Coppes
27878 Jewell Rd,
Defiance OH 43512