- This event has passed.
February 10, 2018 @ 8:30 am
“Advanced Internship” Class
2nd Saturday of Month (February – October) @ 8:30am – 12:00pm
Defiance County Extension Office
COST: $125.00 individual / $200.00 couple, which includes:
- (February – October) Classes
- “Bee-Sentials: A Field Guide,” by Lawrence John Connor
Supply catalogs will also be available from the following apiary vendors:
- Duane Hathaway
- Mann Lake
- Brushy Mountain
- Better Bee
- Blue Sky Bee Supply
- Kelley Beekeeping
- OSBA items & information
Coffee, tea, & water will be provided.
To register for this class you must pass a 50 question exam with a score of 80% or higher. Testing is provided online. Please call (419) 438-7335 for exam link and login information.
Friday, January 19th by 11:59pm
Please Mail completed registration form with check/m.o. to:
24645 Flory Rd., Defiance, OH -OR- call (419) 438-7335 for credit card payment options or questions.
- February 10 – Winter & Spring inspection
- March 10 – Spring build-up (1:1 sugar/water, pollen patty)
- April 14 – Swarm prevention, artificial swarms, nucs & increases
- May 12 – Drawing comb & wax, rotating & checker boarding frames, cut comb
- June 9 – Raising Queens (OTS, Miller, Dolittle, dirty or walk away splits)
- July 14 – Setting up a honey house & hive products
- Aug 11 – Honey judging & entries for county fairs & conferences
- Sept 8 – Fall preparation (dearth & mass feeding)
- Oct 13 – Winter preparation (combining, double screen boards)
- Nov 17 – Potluck Dinner